Joining the RPB community
We’re proud to have helped thousands of Reform Movement clergy, professionals, and educators achieve a fulfilling retirement. And we’re ready to help you do the same.
You are eligible to join RPB’s retirement plan if you meet both of these primary criteria:
- You’re an active member of one of the following Reform Movement professional organizations that participates with RPB:
- Central Conference of American Rabbis (CCAR)
- National Association for Temple Administration (NATA)
- Association of Reform Jewish Educators (ARJE)
- Early Childhood Educators of Reform Judaism (ECE-RJ)
- Program and Engagement Professionals of Reform Judaism (PEP-RJ)
- Advancing Temple Institutional Development (ATID)
- You’re employed by a URJ-affiliated congregation.
Special eligibility circumstances
If you don’t meet the primary criteria, you may still be eligible to participate in RPB’s retirement plan if you fall into one of the categories listed below. You can also contact us to discuss your eligibility if you have any questions.
As an HUC-JIR rabbi and active member of CCAR, you can participate in RPB’s retirement plan for five years.
You’re eligible to fully participate in RPB’s programs after providing verification from your employer that (1) your employer is a non-profit organization as defined by IRS Code section 501(c)(3) and (2) you're working in a parsonage-eligible role.
If you’re participating in RPB’s plan and an active member of your professional organization—and then take a job with a non-URJ congregation—you can still make contributions for up to five years from your date of employment. After that, you can no longer make contributions to your 403(b) account but you can keep your money with RPB, enjoying the full range of investing and service options.
You have a five-year grace period in which you can make contributions if your organization is no longer affiliated with URJ, as long as you maintain your membership with your professional organization. After that, you can no longer make contributions to your 403(b) account but you can keep your money with RPB, enjoying the full range of investing and service options.
Ready to join RPB?
Call Robert Perry at RPB to get the ball rolling. And discuss your contributions with your employer.
Set up your safety nets with RPB
In addition to our defined-contribution retirement plan, you might be able to take advantage of the insurance plans we offer. Click on the links below to learn more about the eligibility criteria for:
- Life insurance, including free term life and accidental death & dismemberment as long as your combined contributions are at least 10 percent of your salary. If you qualify for free life insurance, you can also purchase additional coverage through our optional life insurance program.
- Long-term disability insurance.
- RPB retirement plan contribution insurance.
Hear what your peers think of RPB.
Meet other RPB plan participants and learn about the benefits they’ve enjoyed.